The NEW Generation 2 Finatic fly reel – an evolutionary update from the original tried and true Finatic. Consistent with uncompromising commitment to premium quality, there have been several significant performance improvements and aesthetic enhancements including: new 9 Window frame design, non-reflective mist finish, non stick cranks, concave frame design for additional weight relief, and teflon lip seals that add a whole new level of protection against the elements.
- Incorporating a mist finish on our entire line up of reels. Misting creates smoother edges and provides for a more consistent non-reflective finish throughout. Plus it looks pretty damn cool!
- The Gen 2 Finatic incorporates an Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminium shaft and separates it from the aluminium crank handle to eliminate the chance for galvanic corrosion, so your crank will spin effortlessly for years to come.
- You might have noticed from the photos that the back plate has gone from 7 spoke in the Gen 1 Finatic to 9 spoke in the Gen 2. What you probably didn’t notice is that Hatch have created a concave surface inside of the frame as well. By adding two extra arms in the frame it allows us to eliminate unnecessary weight through this feature, thereby making the reel lighter without sacrificing any strength.
- Over the past few years Hatch have seen some big changes in fly fishing. Specifically, the amount of time anglers spend in the water in pursuit of fish. It’s an exciting time for sure, and it’s forced them to reimagine how their reels are sealed in extreme environments. For 2018 added lip seals and sealed bearings to all our reels as a one two punch to protect against the elements and add a whole new level of water protection.
- A bomb proof frame to spool connection is essential for maintaining strength, and true-spin consistency
- The reel seat is a Hatch signature and they’re sticking to it. A solid is always stronger than two parts attached by screws. By doing this it eliminates the common problem of screws rotting from corrosion and becoming loose.
- Keep those hooks tucked into the arbor of the reel and out of the way of your hands.
- MULTI-DISC DRAG cassette comprised of Rulon® and precision stamped stainless steel discs is employed in all models. With multi-disc drag, you are applying breaking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces, virtually eliminating start up inertia and stick slip problems.
The perfect crossover reel for both salt and fresh water fly fishing. If I was stranded on a desert island and had only one reel to bring, it would be the 7 Plus. Hatch has sold more of these reels than any other size in the Hatch line up. From bonefish to permit, steelhead to carp, this reel has you covered.
BACKING CAPACITY: Hatch Premium Large Arbor: WF8F+240yds
Hatch Premium Mid Arbor: WF8F+320yds
Stock Colours: GREY/BLACK, CLEAR/BLUE, CLEAR/GREEN, CLEAR/RED
Special Order Colours: CLEAR/BLACK, BLACK/SILVER
Special Order Colours: GREY/BLACK, CLEAR/BLUE, CLEAR/GREEN, CLEAR/RED, CLEAR/BLACK, BLACK/SILVER
Frequently Asked Questions
What comes in the box?
Included with every FishSpy purchase is the FishSpy camera itself, a USB lead, one orange fin, one Foamy, one boom and the instruction and warranty information.
How long does the battery last?
The battery will last 4 hours, streaming live video to your portable device whilst recording the footage at the same time.
How much footage can I record?
FishSpy has a built in hard disk that will hold up to 7 hours of video. The video can be transferred to any other device by a USB lead. Videos stored on FishSpy itself can be managed/ deleted via the FishSpy app or control screen.
Do I need an Internet or phone signal for FishSpy to work?
No. FishSpy generates its own wifi signal which your portable device receives. There is no need to have a phone signal or access to the internet.
How deep can FishSpy be submerged?
It's guaranteed to perform at depths of up to 10m.
Will FishSpy transmit via Wi-Fi when fully submerged?
No - once submerged, FisySpy will lose its wifi connection to your device (wi-fi signals cannot be transmitted through water).
N.B. Your recording will continue whilst FishSpy is submerged, and will be ready for you to view when you re-connect FishSpy to your device once it's resurfaced.
How much does FishSpy weigh?
It weighs 90 grams so about the same weight as a large marker float.
What warranty is provided?
For complete peace of mind all FishSpy cameras are supplied with a 12 month warranty against manufacturing faults or defects. As you would expect this warranty excludes any accidental damage including but not limited to (water ingress through failing to lock the cap correctly, excessive force when tightening the locking ring, impact damage with a hard surface such as a rock or tree) or through natural wear and tear. Please follow the instructions and take care of your FishSpy and accessories because we cannot accept responsibility from incidental or consequential damages caused by the misuse of the FishSpy products or the accessories.
For our mainland UK customers, our web site automatically calculates the correct postage and packing charge based on the weight of the items you have ordered. Our charges range from £2.95 for lightweight items to £9.95 for very large, bulky or heavy items.
We are very proud of our exceptional customer service and despatch 98% of all orders placed before 3pm Monday - Thursday to arrive within 48 hours.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your fishing tackle purchase, please contact our customer service team. If you wish to return an item to us we can arrange a pick up (at your cost) or you may arrange to return to product to Fishtec yourself. In this case, please do so via an insured, traceable method as regretfully we cannot accept responsibility for returns lost in transit.
Goods returned to use within 14 days of receipt in mint conditions and in original, undamaged packaging will receive an immediate refund.